Asbestos litigation continues to clog the trial courts' docket in all states. Despite attempts to reform this litigation on both federal and state levels, new suits are filed virtually every day.
Adams and Reese has long been recognized as a leader in the fields of asbestos and silica litigation, and has represented various types of defendants, in numerous states, including product manufacturers, distributors, retailers, premises owners, and employers. The firm has served as national, regional and local coordinating counsel for a variety of clients. Many of the firm's lawyers have also served as defense liaison counsel in numerous trial courts. Adams and Reese has considerable trial experience in asbestos personal injury litigation and holds the distinction of having tried the largest consolidated asbestos personal injury trial in the State of Louisiana to a successful defense verdict. Adams and Reese also has considerable experience in the medical defense of this type of litigation.
Traditionally, the targeted defendants in asbestos litigation were asbestos product manufacturers and suppliers. While many of these companies are now defunct, plaintiffs' counsel continue to find new targets to prolong the litigation. These new targets include equipment manufacturers, component manufacturers, manufacturers of drilling mud additives, contractors, employers, and premises owners. Adams and Reese's Asbestos Litigation Team defends clients faced with all of the above threats.
The firm has a well-established, national reputation and many of our partners have held leadership positions in organizations such as the DRI, ABA, AIADC and IADC. Adams and Reese attorneys are frequently included on seminar faculty and panels addressing asbestos, silica and other toxic tort issues. Adams and Reese attorneys have also testified before legislative bodies in support of asbestos legislative reform.
- National counsel for a large petrochemical company in its asbestos litigation.
- National, regional and local counsel for boiler manufacturer in Louisiana asbestos litigation.
- Regional counsel for a stevedoring company in its asbestos litigation.
- Represented several major chemical and petrochemical companies with regard to premises claims in asbestos claims.
- Coordinated the medical defense in over 10,000 asbestos cases for a consortium of clients in Mississippi and Louisiana.