Whether you are selling soft drinks, shoe laces or services, Adams and Reese attorneys understand cause-related marketing compliance issues as well as the potential marketing value of these promotional tools.
Cause-related marketing (also called a commercial co-venture) is when a for-profit business (that is not in the fundraising business) markets or promotes its products or services by advertising to consumers that it will make a contribution to a charitable organization or cause when consumers purchase its products or services.
After first identifying your promotional program goals, Adams and Reese attorneys can counsel clients on the appropriate vehicle and efficiently draft tailored documents to comply with multi-state laws. Adams and Reese strives to provide comprehensive services with clearly defined legal fees. From contract drafting and negotiation to compliance, Adams and Reese is a trusted partner for the legal aspects of cause-related marketing.
Adams and Reese attorneys have extensive experience in cause-related marketing and negotiating and drafting agreements with charitable organizations as well as related practice areas including intellectual property, business litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Clients include multi-media organizations, restaurants, hospitality providers, and food and consumer product retailers, among others.
Adams and Reese advises on a variety of cause-related marketing matters. Their core practice includes, but is not limited to:
Contract Preparation/Negotiation: draft and negotiate agreements with charitable organizations.
Compliance: review of all advertising and marketing components, licensing, registration and contract and financial report filings with state agencies.
Litigation: including pre-litigation and alternative dispute resolution for disputes with state or national authorities as well as consumers.
- Handle license applications and renewals with appropriate offices in applicable states.
- Draft and negotiate cause-related marketing agreements for a national retail chain.
- File executed cause-related marketing agreements with appropriate offices in multiple states.
- Review clients’ marketing and promotion material to ensure compliance with various state disclosure requirements.
- Counsel clients regarding the different state laws and regulations governing cause-related marketing.
- Complete and file financial reports related to client’s cause-related marketing activity.
In cause-related marketing cases, Adams and Reese attorneys help clients achieve clear promotional goals, while also avoiding potential civil or criminal penalties for noncompliance.